Sunday, March 30, 2014

More on AI....

After a few days of working on the stag AI, I finally have something I'm pretty happy with.  It's not completely perfect, but far better than what I started with.  I have completely rewritten the stag AI, to include...

*  Sensors (hearing and vision. animal will even react to gunfire from a distance.)
*  Decision making involving which direction to flee when threatened
    (still a few little quirks)
*  Basic waypoint system for patrolling and fleeing.
*  Full obstacle avoidance including trees and all static world objects.

I instituted a developer mode so I could chase the stag through the woods.  He runs at break neck speed and darts through trees like a champ.

This week I will probably put up a new video of this in action.

Until then...

No comments:

Post a Comment