Saturday, April 5, 2014

A Snag in the AI

The video I had planned for this weekend will have to be put on hold for now.  It seems the built in Unity NavMesh system has a little glitch which I can't seem to work out.  The stag will get stuck after a while of standard patrolling.  He walks to the end of a current path and simply loses all further path finding ability.  Therefore I will have to switch to an entirely new navigation system for obstacle avoidance. I have to do some research on a system that fits what I need and hopefully I'll be starting the conversion shortly.

UPDATE:  It looks like I may have found the issue.  It took some tweaking of the NavMesh bake parameters, but I think the old system is now good.  I'm getting ready to put the stag through an hour stress test and if all goes well I can continue on.

There may be a video tomorrow after all :)

No comments:

Post a Comment